There are a number of different products you can use when blow drying your hair to protect your hair by providing nourishment, as well as helping you to style your hair in the process. Some of the best brands for blow-drying products include VO5, John Frieda, L’Oreal, Schwarzkopf, Silvikrin, Style Freedom, TRESemme, Toni & Guy, and Wella. This includes the following:
- Hair creams – Let’s begin with hair cream, which adds a natural-looking and subtle shine to your hair. It will give a low to medium hold. It is great for taming stray hairs without weighing your hair down. If you are looking to get rid of frizz without greasiness, this is a good choice.
- Hair waxes – Hair wax is a product that gives stability with movement. You should use this product once you have finishing drying your hair into shape. Simply rub the product into your hands and fingers and apply where needed.
- Hair gels – Hair gel is designed to provide support and hold. It comes in a number of different forms; for example, spray gel and wet look gel. Simply rub the product into your hands and fingers and apply where needed.
- Hair sprays – Hair spray is a lacquer that provides support and hold. This product is designed to be used once you have finishing drying our hair into shape. It will ensure that your hairstyle lasts throughout the day.
- Hair oils – Hair oils provide much-needed nutrients, and they are beneficial for many different reasons. They are a great heat protectant, making them an excellent choice for use before applying the hot air styler. They are also a sealant, meaning they seal the cuticle down, as well as being a lubricant, which makes hair oils perfect for detangling wet hair.
- Hair mousses – Last but not least, we have hair mousse, which is gel in a foam spray form. When you use mousse on your hair before drying and styling, it can provide an even hold. All you need to do is but a dollop of mousse in the palm of your hand – around the size of a golf ball – and then apply to all of your hair before drying and styling.
If you get your hair cut and styled at a salon, the hair stylist will be able to recommend the right type of products to help you achieve the style they have created for you.